Austrian Airlines Official Site: So Comfy That You Find Reasons To Fly!
We’ve accumulated a general review of Austrian Airlines that provides you a descriptive look at the carrier from the passenger’s perspective.
Where do Austrian Airliners fly? Will I get complimentary snacks on Austrian Airlines during my flight? All your queries related to Austrian Airlines Official Site policies of flights and passengers will be answered here.
About Austrian Airlines: The National Airline of Austria
Austrian Airlines is the flag carrier of Austria with its headquarters at the Vienna International Airport in Schwechat. Founded in 1957, after the merger of the Air Austria and Austrian Airways, it flies to more than 125 destinations worldwide. Austria Airlines is the part of the Star Alliance and has codeshare agreements with 32 global airlines.
According to the Austrian Airlines Official Site (as of January 2020), Austria Airlines has the following passenger aircraft in its fleet.
|De Havilland Dash 8-400||16|
Domestic Destinations of Austrian Airlines
As per records of Austrian Airlines Official Site, it serves six domestic destinations.
- Vienna (hub and base)
International Destinations of Austrian Airlines
The airline flies to over 120 international seasonal and year-round locations in 55 countries and offers active Austrian Airlines Official Site customer support in each location.
- In North America, Austrian Airlines operates flight service to Toronto, Los Angeles, Chicago O’Hare, New York JFK, Washington Dulles, Miami, and Havana.
- In the Near and the Middle East, Austrian Airlines Official Site offers flight service to Teheran, Shiraz, and Esfahan, as well as Mahe Island, Male, Colombo Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean and South Asia.
- In the Far East, Austrian Airlines flies to Shanghai, Beijing, Bangkok and Hong Kong.
- The European Network of the airline is exceptionally strong and offers non-stop or direct flights from its hub Vienna to Eastern, Northern, and Southern Europe.
- A large proportion of Austrian Airlines’ international routes are seasonal.
Available Travel Class
On European routes, Austrian Airlines Official Site offers Economy and Business travel Class. On other routes, Premium Economy is also available.
For flights of 2 hours and 45 minutes or longer, passengers will get a warm menu. On short-haul flights within Europe, the airline offers complimentary drinks service, including a nice collection of Austrian beers and wines.
On long-haul flights, travelers will get lots of benefits such as a personal touch screen TV with 500 hours of video entertainment, two in-flights menus created by DO & CO.
On short-haul flights, passengers have the choice to book a preferred seat (aisle/window) and seats with extra legroom. Passengers can select their preferred seat through Austrian Airlines Official Site/ Manage my booking section after flight booking or they can also select it during the process.
On long-haul flights, the seating arrangements of Economy class feature a unique seating position and set out in 3-4-3 on the Boeing 777 and 2-3-2 on the Boeing 767.
Premium Economy Class
Austria Airlines offers something extra in its Premium Economy Class so passengers can travel comfortably. These benefits include two checked baggage of 23 kg each per passenger, fresh towels, amenity kit, and three-to- four-course meal. Special dietary meal service is also available, for orders to visit Austrian Airlines Official Site or contact the representative of the airline.
The seats of this class come with 48.3 cm width, 40-degree recline angle, extra cushiony design, adjustable headrests, noise-canceling headphones, personal storage space, USB ports, and a personal TV.
Austrian Airlines Official Site’ Business class comes with numerous pre-flight and in-flight benefits such as access to the premium airport lounge, designated check-in area, priority baggage handling, an extra allowance for carry-on bags, and more.
Seats are specially designed to provide extra comfort that can convert in a 2 meters full-flat bed loaded with extra features such as massage function and air cushion system.
Baggage Allowance Information
As per the Austrian Airlines Official Site baggage policy, it allows one personal item, one carry-on baggage and two checked baggage free of cost for regular basic fare. However, the number of bags may vary depending on your travel class, route, and duration of the flight. Every excess baggage must purchase separately before boarding, you either buy bags at the airport or pre-book them online or over the phone call. Please note that the price may slightly high at the airport so it’s better to pre-purchase baggage. Please make sure that your bags must not exceed Austrian Airlines Official Site baggage allowance limits otherwise an overweight or oversized baggage fee will apply.
- Maximum Dimensions for all travel classes- 15.7 x 11.8 x 4 inches (40 x 30 x 10 cm)
- Economy and Premium Economy- 1 x 8kg carry-on baggage
- Business Class- 2 x 8kg carry-on baggage
- Maximum Dimensions for all travel classes- 21.6 x 15.7 x 9 inches (55 x 40 x 23 cm)
- Maximum Dimensions for all travel classes: 158 cms (width + height + depth)
Flights within Europe
- Economy Flex and Classic: 1 x 50 pounds or 23 kg
- Business: 2 x 70 pounds or 32 kg
- Economy Basic Flex and Saver: 1 x 50 pounds or 23 kg
- Premium Economy Basic Flex and Saver: 1 x 50 pounds or 23 kg each
- Business: 2 x 70 pounds or 32 kg each
There are various ways to complete check-in:
Online check-in– This is available from 24 hours to one hour prior to departure of the flight. You can visit the Austrian Airlines Official Site for online check-in.
Airport Check-in– The self-service desks, check-in counter, and desks are available to complete the check-in process. Please make sure that different airports have different opening and closing times for check-in. For any query related check-in, you can visit the Austrian Airlines Official Site.